Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Face To Face

I make no secret of my fondness for cameos of all descriptions, as evidenced by posts like this & this. Recently, I happened on an especially appetising version, lovingly crafted from an Oreo cookie by Massachusetts artist, Judith Klausner, who 'enjoys playing with her food, both recreationally & professionally'.
   
 
As part of a delicious-looking series called From Scratch, Klausner uses Victorian handicraft processes to transform modern packaged foods: 

'I hope to change the way people see the small & often disregarded ephemera of life, & question what defines these things as ephemeral at all. What becomes mythologised, & what is discarded as mundane? My work brings to light the beauty (& sometimes humor) in subjects & materials often dismissed or taken for granted. I revel in minutiae.'